POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More fun with scatter macro : More fun with scatter macro Server Time
17 Aug 2024 02:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  More fun with scatter macro
From: JRG
Date: 19 Nov 2001 13:38:57
Message: <3bf951c1@news.povray.org>
I've changed the core algorithm of the macro, nomore Reorient_Trans() and
planes' normals but haevy use of Axis_Rotate_Trans. Some floating boxes are
still there, but at least I got rid of the sinking ones. When the y_size
(height) of the placed object is small, compared to the other sizes, the
macro works wonderfully IMO (as you can see in the following examples named
"cards" and "sticks").

I don't think I'll go through all the physics stuff, since this is not meant
to be a simulation and speed is a key factor (I must say that the new
algorithm is a bit slower, but parse time is still under 2 minutes).

BTW, what do you think? Does this look usefull-useless cool-boring?

Code will be posted ASA I find a free website where to put it on :)

Cheers,

--
Jonathan.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'colblo2.jpg' (41 KB) Download 'cards.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'sticks.jpg' (77 KB)

Preview of image 'colblo2.jpg'
colblo2.jpg

Preview of image 'cards.jpg'
cards.jpg