POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : wrong report about max_gradient : Re: wrong report about max_gradient Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrong report about max_gradient
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Nov 2001 08:56:39
Message: <3bf90f97@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

> Can't it be remembered in local variable?

Because it is a ***bug*that*it*changes*the*user*supplied*max_gradient***!!!
It was never supposed to change it the way it does and then output that as
the user supplied max_gradient!!!

> It can report isosurface line within
> source. Why it can't remember initial value? It shows line and then says
> 'value was set to ...'

It has nothing to do with the *algorithm*, but a ***bug*** in the
*implementation* of the algorithm.  This obviously has to be fixed by
changing the *implementation* of the algorithm, not by *changing* the
*algorithm* itself!!!  And as I said:  It *has* been fixed this way already,
so any suggestion on how to change the *algorithm* to fix it is completely
unnecessary because the *algorithm* is correct, only its *implementation* is
*not* correct in beta 7!!!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde