POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Heightfields : Heightfields Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfields
From: j-r-taylortayrwh
Date: 15 Nov 2001 15:00:24
Message: <3bf41ed8@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I been trying to model a gargoyles head which would be "mounted" on a wall
(the type of thing you see in gothic churches). After failed attempts with
Amapi and Amorphium I thought about using a heightfield, grabbing a pen and
paper I sketched out a gargoyle, complete with contours scanned it in and
preceded to shade it using the airbrush tool in Photosuite. The results
aren't nice.
Is there such a thing that would smoothly shade between the contours to give
the the correct result? Or I am just going to have to get better with the
airbrush tool?
I've already looked on the povray links page under heightfield tools.

Thanks
Jim