POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV'ed POV-Ray logo (~40kbu) : Re: POV'ed POV-Ray logo (~40kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 02:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV'ed POV-Ray logo (~40kbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 15 Nov 2001 13:05:01
Message: <3bf403cd@news.povray.org>
Redbeard schrieb in Nachricht <3bf3bbe1$1@news.povray.org>...

>Unfortunately, I don't know the shape of my particle.  The center of the
>bounding box may or may not be within the object.  This may work about on
equal
>level with my method, though, which uses inside().  I'll have to run some
tests
>to see which is more efficient.

Of course it's much better to trace from the outer rim of the object anyway.
No need to know where the centre is :-). In fact, if the object is not
approx. spherical, the described method is quite bad. I really don't know if
it's worth the effort. I just wanted to show a way you could do it with
trace.

Marc-Hendrik