POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about light groups : Re: Question about light groups Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:10:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about light groups
From: Ruy
Date: 11 Nov 2001 11:52:07
Message: <3beeacb7@news.povray.org>
> I'm not sure why it does it, but using no_shadow in your sphere {} block
> fixes it.

Yes, I realize this, but what I'm trying to achieve here is control over the
shadows. For my real scene, I have set three different light sources, but I
only wanted some of them to cast shadows. I thought I could achieve this
with light groups, but it doesn't seem so. If I use no_shadow, all my
shadows are gone, and I need some of them.

On the example I gave, is there a way to iluminate the ground plane and
still avoid the shadow that the white light currently forces the sphere to
cast over it?

Ruy