POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha problems: text is not antialiased : Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Nov 2001 10:34:53
Message: <3bebf79d@news.povray.org>
In article <3bebee28@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   If POV-Ray did use black as the "background color" when calculating
> antialiasing, then the borders would fade to black. This is what 3.1 did, and
> it was wrong, and consecuently fixed in 3.5.

No, 3.5 fades to black while 3.1 would fade to the background color.  The
border do not fade to black because of the alpha channel.  If you deactivate
view of the alpha channel (like I can do in the Mac version even if it is
on), you will notice it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde