POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bathroom wip [64.2kb] : Re: bathroom wip [64.2kb] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:08:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bathroom wip [64.2kb]
Date: 9 Nov 2001 07:33:24
Message: <3bebcd14@news.povray.org>
"marabou" <not### [at] availableyet> wrote in message

> it is stopped since i know a bit more about the techniques of creating
> forming the ground of the bath (bezier?)

Ground for that bath? What shape should it be? I think if you cut a
superellipsoid out you get the ground one would find in a bath shaped liked
that.
I once made a bath with a lathe. I used halfs of the lathe as ends of the
bathtub and used a very thin slice of the lathe scaled along one axis to
fill the space between. (middle part = lathe{ clipped_by{plane{x,-0.1}}
clipped_by{plane{-x,0.1}} scale x*100} ) But then you don't have a square
bath. Take a look at  http://www.students.tut.fi/~leppane6/pics/pingu.jpg.

> maybe there is someone who wants to say something about it.
Good looking tiles. Do they have a normal or are my eyes just blurred?

Ari-Matti