POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha problems: text is not antialiased : Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Nov 2001 19:00:19
Message: <3beb1c93@news.povray.org>
In article <3beafd4e@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   Completely broken? I haven't had _any_ problem with it. This is the only
> case where there has been a problem (and seems a quite trivial problem; the
> background seems to be considered black when +ua is on).
>   Are you having some other problems besides the ones described here?

Yes, as you know, I can turn off the alpha-channel preview.  basically, if
you look at an image that was rendered then, the plain background will be
all black because of this.  Obviously the image should still "make sense" if
no alpha channel is available.  At least in image editing programs it does
work that way.  And it did work in 3.1...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde