POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : radial frequency 1.8 : radial frequency 1.8 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  radial frequency 1.8
From: KalleK
Date: 8 Nov 2001 16:37:18
Message: <3beafb0e@news.povray.org>
hi Povers!

I want to make a torussegment (a part of a torus) that is 200 degree.
Well, I type difference {torus{} box {} box {rotate y*(360-300-90)}
(or something like that. That's ok. Now I want to give this piece of a
torus a color that fade from one end to another from red to green.
I thought:
pigment {
 radial
 frequency (360/200) // 1.8
 color_map {foo Red .. Green bar}
}
But I don't get, what I want. Looking at the whole torus, this pigment
doesn't what I thought, it would do. The results are rather unexpected
(to me).
I made an animation with "frequency 1+clock" and now I don't know how
to use frequency with Float

I looked Povhelp3.5 '6.7.12.2 Frequency and Phase'.

It tells me "The float after frequency can be any value. Values
greater than 1.0 causes more than one copy of the map to be used". But
I don't get a whole copy. I get to 3 pieces of unfinished shifts (from
Red to Green). Maybe one is finished - but I can't calculate where it
starts or ends. Do an animation, and you know, what I mean.
I can post a (short) sourcecode.
How can I get around this?

cukk