POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crawling spider animation, take 3 : Re: Crawling spider animation, take 3 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crawling spider animation, take 3
From: Rune
Date: 6 Nov 2001 18:20:57
Message: <3be87059@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
> I'm still watching it from yesterday afternoon. It's the best.

Thank you! Glad you like it. :)

> I have about 1/3 of a universal insect include file that
> I work on off and on (two years behind schedule), are you
> planning on making more out of this

Yes, but my projects also tend to go years behind schedule, or rather, they
would have if I had scheduled them at all.

> and if so can you let us know in advance what kind of
> reference to objects it will need?

Not in details, but generally things should be designed so each movable part
of something is an individual object, aligned so it is centered around the
point (or one of the points) where it should be linked to the other parts.

To get an idea of what I mean, you could have a look at my inverse
kinematics leg, where the thigh and shin are two such separate objects
centered around the hip and the knee respectively:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/goodies/goodies.html

> I was going to try to adapt someone's IK system for
> it, but this seem to do a much better job of foot placement.

Which IK system would that happen to be that you thought of?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)