POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crawling spider animation, take 3 : Re: Crawling spider animation, take 3 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crawling spider animation, take 3
From: Rune
Date: 6 Nov 2001 12:02:15
Message: <3be81797@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> It would seem as though the legs pass through each
> other in a few frames.

I've tried to look at that but I can't really tell if that happens or not.

> Perhaps a bit faster motion would be more interesting.

I think it looks nice this slow and I think some spiders really walk that
slow sometimes. It doesn't look unnatural to me. And the slower, the better
the walking is shown off! On the other hand, it's not supposed to be in
slow-motion, so if that's what it looks like to most people, then I'll
consider speeding it up a little.

> Just tweak textures, add more fur, radiosity, and you've
> got a really creepy crawler. :)

As I said, I don't think I'll work more on this right now...

> Can I have the source to play with?

I don't think anyone but me would understand the mess that it currently is.
Sorry, no source at the moment!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)