POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crawling spider animation, take 3 : Re: Crawling spider animation, take 3 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crawling spider animation, take 3
From: Batronyx
Date: 5 Nov 2001 22:58:17
Message: <3be75fd9@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> Take 3 of my spider animation is ready now - it can be seen on
> http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/anims/anims.html
>
> While it's still not perfect, it's much better than the two earlier versions
> I posted in povray.binaries.animations IMO. Have a look and let me know what
> you think! :)

I think the movment is perfect! He takes larger steps and has a much more
natural feel to his motion. If this is the one you thought looked like
stop-motion from older monster movies, then I would have to disagree. Any sense
of that would be eliminated in refining the textures and lighting. Again, the
movement seems just right. :)

> However, I'm probably not going to change it more now, as I think I can
> learn more by moving on to different tests with my walking system, such as
> animating a biped.

And Al is a biped. :)

Batronyx ^"^