POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render and GUI priority ? : Re: Render and GUI priority ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render and GUI priority ?
From: Bonsai
Date: 5 Nov 2001 05:00:33
Message: <3be66341$1@news.povray.org>
> My mistake in that case. Winamp runs fine with a low-priority pov, it's
the
> Morpheus player that doesn't like it when Povray beta 7 is running.
However,
> Povray beta-7 at highest priority isn't too gentle with Winamp on my PIII
> 733, unlike Povray 3.1g. I can live with that but still looks like beta-7
is
> less accommodating when sharing resources (CPU ?) that the previous
builds.

I had the same behaviour on my NT machine, but was not sure whether it was
only my imagnination or not. POV-Ray 3.5 beta 7 was not so nice to other
processes even if the process itself was set to lowest priority in the task
manager. I tried to compile something and normaly the compiler got most of
the CPU time. But with the new beta it does not. This happend only one or
two times and I can't reproduce it now. :-(

Sorry, but I can't give more evidence. I will have a look on it...

So long,

Bonsai

P.S. PII 450 MHz, 128 MB RAM, WinNT 4 Service Pack 5