POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file : Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file
From: JRG
Date: 4 Nov 2001 10:48:39
Message: <3be56357@news.povray.org>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:
> > 2) Shouldn't you get the same results in spite of the settings used?
(When
> > you're using load_file).
>
> Maybe, but the 15 years I have been using computer software have thought
> me to be conservative when assuming anything about how they work. I don't
> even believe the manuals. I have to see it. My instinct tells me to use
> the same settings :)

I mean, if I use pretrace_start 0.08 and pretrace_end 0.004 I get the mosaic
preview. Shouldn't it be redundant?

> > 3) Why stopping and then resuming the render caused that discontinuity
(with
> > pretrace_start 1, pretrace_end 1, load_file and always_sample off this
> > shoudn't occur)
>
> Same reason as 1).

But I did stop and resume other radiosity scenes (with pretrace_start 1 and
pretrace_end 1) without any problems... I think the problem here has
something to do with reloading data or always_sample off that doesn't really
work.

--
Jonathan.