POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file : Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file
From: JRG
Date: 4 Nov 2001 10:43:14
Message: <3be56212@news.povray.org>
Tony[B] wrote:
> That's an amazing trick! I'm going to have to try it myself... :)

Credit to Kari.

> As far as I know, only Gilles doesn't have that problem.

Neither I do (with pretrace_start 1 and pretrace_end 1). Only with load_file
this problem occurred.

> Looks like reflection spots. Increase max_trace_level.

This could be right if extra-samples were taken in the final step, which is
not the case. As I said, I'm using load_file and always_sample off so
POV-Ray should have used the precalculated data (where those spots were not
there).

> Ditto, except that I'm skipping C and going into C++, since that's what
4.0
> will be written in. Hopefully, I will be familiar enough with the keywords
> and how they work together by the time it's in development to be able to
> stare at it and follow what the pros are doing. Not that I will know
enough
> about the math and physics and advanced programming topics behind
raytracing
> to actually contribute, but at least I will be able to watch and not get
> lost. I hope. :)

I'm gonna study C++ next year. This year only C is required for my exam, and
I have to say that Deitel & Deitel are very good teachers... :-)

--
Jonathan.