POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spider Crawling Along Path : Re: Spider Crawling Along Path Server Time
3 May 2024 01:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spider Crawling Along Path
From: Alf Peake
Date: 3 Nov 2001 07:14:05
Message: <3be3df8d@news.povray.org>
Brilliant! Looks very realistic in its movements.

I made a spider around 3-4 years ago with the intention of animating
it. Hadn't heard of IK then. I gave up when the headaches started.
Could not avoid foot slippage on all legs. Had realised that, in
general, the larger the spider in real-life - the smoother the body
moved. Also had trouble trying to turn the beast - legs kept fouling
each other.

Alf