POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : .NET distributed POV : .NET distributed POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:01 EDT (-0400)
  .NET distributed POV
From: Ben Martens
Date: 2 Nov 2001 17:34:01
Message: <3be31f59$1@news.povray.org>
I'm tossing around ideas for a .NET programming contest.  One idea was to
build a distributed POV system based on .NET.  I've seen quite a few systems
that do this with other architectures.  In my random thoughts so far, I've
come across two potential problems.  If anyone can offer any advice I would
really appreciate it:

1)  I know it's possible to render parts of an image using command line
switches.  However, if I send parts of a picture to different computers,
this is going to mess up anti-aliasing, correct?  I suppose this could be
avoided by post-processing.  Or is there a way to do anti-aliasing in this
situation?

2)  Do I need to write my own routines to stitch the picture back together,
or is there any easy way to accomplish this?

3)  I would like to support any platform that can run Povray.  What is the
best way to tell POV to render a file?  Should I just pass it a command
line?  If that's the case, are all the command lines the same across
platforms or would I need separate commands for Linus, Windows, etc.?

Thank you for any help,
-Ben
http://bwmartens.tripod.com