POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motion_blur in PovRay 3.5 : Re: Motion_blur in PovRay 3.5 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:08:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion_blur in PovRay 3.5
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 2 Nov 2001 09:27:23
Message: <3be2ad4b$1@news.povray.org>

3BE### [at] contalsk...

> Can you help me, please. How to do motion_blur in PovRay 3.5 fot these
> propellers. With "transmit all" I was not very succesfull

One way would be to make multiple, rotated copies of the propeller with a
transparent texture and a high enough max_trace_level.
#declare i=0;
#declare nc = 20; // number of copies
#declare maxr=15; // max angle of rotation
#while (i<nc)
    // propeller centered in <0,0,..> and oriented along z
    object{Propeller rotate z*i*maxr/nc}
    #declare i=i+1;
#end

G.