POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image in a long time, just testing "new" stuff : Re: First image in a long time, just testing "new" stuff Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image in a long time, just testing "new" stuff
Date: 2 Nov 2001 02:17:34
Message: <3be2488e@news.povray.org>
"Lance Birch" <-> wrote in message news:3be02aad@news.povray.org...
> "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message

> No problem, here it is.

And it produced a very good looking desktop. Great colors. It looks very
warm and the refractions are a real firework.

>   photons {
>      count 6000000
>      autostop 0
>      jitter 1
>   }
How about spacing instead of count. I tried 0.003 and some of the caustics
got a bit smoother. (What can you expect when you shoot a few more millions
of photons.:-) ) But I guess it's the same as using a bigger count. You
could also try a focal blur with a small aperture size (0.1?). It might blur
the caustics just enough without bluring the image too much.  I didn't dare
to try it yet because a 1024x768 with proper aa is a four hour job already.

Ari-Matti