POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lathe - no understanding [34270] : Re: lathe - understanding Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lathe - understanding
From: JRG
Date: 1 Nov 2001 13:00:42
Message: <3be18dca@news.povray.org>
marabou wrote:
> indeed, i am a linux guy ;-) so, what does fresnel reflection and
> fade_color do? is there anything similar in v3.1?
> linux users seem not to be loved in pov community <- no v3.5 for linux?

Don't fear, I'm quite sure that when the final release is out it will be a
linux version either. Fresnel reflection uses Fresnel equation in order to
get realistic variable reflections. If you don't want to wait until POV 3.5
is out you can download MegaPov.
As concern fade_color, it's used together with fade_distance and fade_power
(available in POV 3.1) to control light attenuation as it travels through
your objects' interior.
In POV 3.1 you can use it (for instance) as follows: interior { ior 1.5
fade_distance 5 fade_power 2}. In POV 3.5 (and in MegaPov) you can change
the fade_color (in POV 3.1 it is rgb 0 by default).

--
Jonathan.