POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lathe - no understanding : lathe - no understanding Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  lathe - no understanding
From: marabou
Date: 30 Oct 2001 18:43:21
Message: <3bdf3b18@news.povray.org>
i cruised through the net searching for a linux-tool that creates
lathe-objects. i did not find one. so i tried to create a
vinebottle step-by-step at my own. for smooth curves i use
quadratic_splines and that seems to be my mysere. kept in mind that one
curve depends on three neighbouring points everything went okay since i
came to point six of lathe list where the neck of the bottle begins.
the result should be a Cabernet Sauvignon but it looks like a bottle that
is fallen on its head.
may anyone tell me what i did not understand from the manual?
an image of it i sent to p.b.images.

gratitude

code follows:
--------------------------------------------start