POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Photons extremly slow under beta 7 icl : Photons extremly slow under beta 7 icl Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Photons extremly slow under beta 7 icl
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 30 Oct 2001 16:35:13
Message: <3bdf1d11@news.povray.org>
Hi!

There seems to be something wrong with the Intel compile. The scene I'm
working on took about 6 minutes to compute photons (count 200000) under beta
6. With beta 7 it took over 20 minutes until the status bar showed something
like "this=500 total= 10454 ..." (values might vary a bit). The msvc version
seems to be a bit faster, but it's running at the moment, so I don't know
yet for sure. It displays "this=400, total 6189" after 7 minutes.

Can someone else verify this? Please don't say I have to wait a month (or
even more) to use photons again!

Marc-Hendrik