POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : visible light rays ?? : Re: visible light rays ?? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: visible light rays ??
From: MR
Date: 30 Oct 2001 11:28:53
Message: <3bded545$1@news.povray.org>
thanks guys,

i got the file you linked me to, ken.  it looks pretty descriptive.
it makes me nervous though that both his example and the
media2 one in the scenes files occurs in very dark scenes.  i
can't see how the colors are effected in the background.

i'm going to sit down and carefully go over all the media docs
for 3.1g and the link you gave me and then i'm also looking
into what marc proposed about containing the media in an
object.  and then i'm going to get my hands dirty and knock
out a few renders.

the 4.6 interior documentation is a bit confusing at first glance.
in 4.6 it states that (paraphrased) "an interior only applies to
solid objects", but then in 4.6.2 it states "to fill an object with
any kind of particles it first has to be made hollow."  i equated
the "particles" with interior, so i can't figure out whether a
media container needs to be hollow or solid.

thanks again, miker