POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: New flood of paint (divx 870 kb) : Re: New flood of paint (divx 870 kb) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New flood of paint (divx 870 kb)
From: JRG
Date: 29 Oct 2001 17:25:08
Message: <3bddd744@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Yep, it's the same with my system. If you find a solution to this I'd be
> very interested! Of course I'm interested anyway... ;)

I think that the first thing to do should be to split your environment into
a still environment and a moving one. Then a collision test should be
performed with both the environments. When a particle hits the moving
environment (which now I suppose being only one object) the system should
evaluate the velocity of that point. For this purpose, the best way IMO is
to define the object's motus with a function (or a simple macro), so that
it's easy to evaluate its position at t-dt. Once you have the velocity of
that point ( (P(t)-P(t-dt))/dt) you can add that vector (multiplied by a
factor depending on the materials and which may also be >1) to the new
velocity of the particle after the collision. I don't know if this is so
*physically correct*, but I think it should do the trick.
I hope I was clear, despite my poor English.

--
Jonathan.