POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : visible light rays ?? : Re: visible light rays ?? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: visible light rays ??
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 29 Oct 2001 08:53:51
Message: <3bdd5f6f@news.povray.org>
MR schrieb in Nachricht <3bdd5c20$1@news.povray.org>...
>the number of parmeters for atmospheric
>media is intimidating.  it will take some experimentation to get a
>feel for what does what, especially with the render times.

If you can, don't use atmospheric media. Specify I box or cone to restrict
the media to where it is needed. The parameters are the same as which
atmospheric media, but this will make a big difference in rendertime
(often). In addition, it will help you to get rid of the foggy look all over
the scene. Maybe you will have to play with "density" to get a smooth
transition to the non-fog area, but that depends on your settings.

Hth,

Marc-Hendrik