POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image in a long time, just testing "new" stuff : First image in a long time, just testing "new" stuff Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  First image in a long time, just testing "new" stuff
From: Lance Birch
Date: 28 Oct 2001 20:38:43
Message: <3bdcb323@news.povray.org>
Hiya, well, this is my first use of POV-Ray in a few years now (probably 3
years, wow, it's been a while), so I've been catching up on a lot of
features that were never in the POV-Ray I knew.  This is just a test of
using Photons and Radiosity together... it took about 20 minutes to render
which doesn't seem too bad, but I'm guessing the "stripe" effect in the
photons is just because I haven't set the count high enough?

For some reason, and this is probably a little off-topic for this group, I
can't get POV-Ray to use 100% of CPU time in Windows, regardless of the
render priority (I set it to the highest).  I'm not sure if it's because I
have two processors and they're sharing some of the load automatically (the
second processor does tend to do some work while rendering but I'm not sure
if it's POV-Ray or something else, I'd have to check).

The radiosity works really well (tried a few images and simple tests of
boxes and what-not).  It's so much fun to be able to use radiosity now... in
the past it was just too painful!

Anyway, I'm having lots of fun and might try "radiositying" some objects
from *gasp* MAX.

Lance.

thezone.firewave.com.au
www.firewave.com.au