POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help! : Re: Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help!
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 28 Oct 2001 17:28:04
Message: <3bdc8674@news.povray.org>
Slime schrieb in Nachricht <3bdc58d1$1@news.povray.org>...
[...]
>I guess I'd start out with something like that, and then tweak it as
>necessary. That's what "blue crystal" makes me think.

Okay, this proves that I'm not a total fool :-) It's quite the same as my
code, just add some variable reflection (which I inherited from glass.inc)
and color fading and you get pretty much my code. Dropping the reflection
helps a bit, 'cause it shows some of the blue color of the book behind the
crystal.
It's just that yours, too, is quite to dark in my scene. I think it's the
refraction caused by the ior, and that would make it natural. Nonetheless
it's not that artistic to have some charcoal in one of the corners of your
scene and without the ior there is not much left of the object at all ;-)

I'll have to experiment some more and perhaps I'll position the crystal at
another position to allow a deeper look inside it.

Thanks for your help!

Marc-Hendrik