POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media problem... : Re: Media problem... Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media problem...
From: 25ct
Date: 28 Oct 2001 15:00:44
Message: <3bdc63ec@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Also, why are you using emitting media rather than scattering?
>

> Makes more sense to me to use emitting in this particular case. If he were
> using scattering, then he shouldn't confine the media to the cone shape.
It
> may make sense to add fog to the scene to simulate the absorption part of
> the media.

    Also, when I was using emitting media, the whole scene was taking just 6
minutes to render, but now that I've changed it to scattering, it just
overheated my CPU at 90 deg c, (the alarm went off), on line 39 of
480........ wait for it....... 1 hour 27 minutes later!  :o(

  I'll try your suggestion Slime. Thanks.

     ~Steve~