POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help! : Re: Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help!
From: Slime
Date: 28 Oct 2001 14:13:21
Message: <3bdc58d1$1@news.povray.org>
Is it transparent crystal you want? I'd imagine something like this...

texture {
    pigment {
        rgbft <.4,.4,1,.8,.3>
    }
    finish {
        specular .5
        // roughness maybe... i dunno
        // maybe some sort of slight reflection
    }
    // maybe add some sort of normal for the appearance of cracks or
something
}
interior {
    ior 1.5 // or so
    media {
        scattering {
            1,
            <.8,.8,1> // multiply by a constant to make it denser or thinner
as necessary
        }
    }
}

I guess I'd start out with something like that, and then tweak it as
necessary. That's what "blue crystal" makes me think.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]