POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help! : Re: Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Labor.jpg WIP (37.5 kbbu) - Time to ask for help!
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 28 Oct 2001 11:06:54
Message: <3bdc2d1e@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt schrieb in Nachricht <3bdc1df4$1@news.povray.org>...

>    Looks to me that you might have some "max_gradient" problems in the raw
>crystal and the mirror or magnifying glass...

No, I don't think so. Um, maybe in the magnifying glass, but I think that
it's only reflecting the all to dark raw crystal. Both work okay in other
context ( or with the crystal moved a bit away). Since rays from the camera
don't have to pass through one of the objects to get to the other, I could
not imagine why max_gradient should be a problem, Note also, that both
surfaces are not all black (at least not on my monitor - you might have to
increase the gamma on yours) - don't sound like max_gradient for me.

I'll test it anyway...

Marc-Hendrik