POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media problem... : Media problem... Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Media problem...
From: 25ct
Date: 28 Oct 2001 09:57:28
Message: <3bdc1cd8@news.povray.org>
Hi,

     Using Steve's and others suggestion of a clear cone and media, I'm
somewhat closer to what I want to achieve, but if you look at the image
where the light crosses the illuminated window, you can see clearly a kind
of dark/black hue or line. It doesn't show so much in the darker areas, so
how do I remove it?  Also, I'm getting it wrong where it's supposed to start
fading, can anyone help me with this? I've tried fade_distance in the light
source but can't see any difference between a low setting and a high
setting, ie, I've tried .8 and 3.8.

     Thanks for any help.

      ~Steve~

     Here's the code...

   light_source { <-10.125, 5.83, 13> colour Yellow * 1.5

  area_light <4, 0, 0>, <0, 0, 4>, 4, 4
  adaptive 1.5
  jitter

   fade_distance 3.8