POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function parameter bug : Re: Function parameter bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function parameter bug
From: Rune
Date: 27 Oct 2001 09:32:19
Message: <3bdab763@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> Well, if you don't understand the reasoning so far,
> try to see it this way:

Thorsten, it's not that I don't understand how function parameters work,
what I don't understand is why they're designed to work that way.

I know macros and functions are different things, but I think the parameters
in functions should work the same way as the parameters in macros. As I
said, the current implementation is a great limitation that has no
advantages at all! All it means is that you have to make sure that the names
of the parameters in your functions never are the same as any declared
variable identifiers. That gets very difficult when working with include
files containing functions made by other people. Are we really supposed to
never use function parameters with names identical to variable identifiers?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)