POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function parameter bug : Re: Function parameter bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function parameter bug
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Oct 2001 08:12:32
Message: <3bdaa4b0@news.povray.org>
In article <3bda9ead@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

>> I know macros work this way, but as Thorsten mentioned,
>> they are something completely different.
>
> I still don't see how the current behavior makes any sense!

Well, if you don't understand the reasoning so far, try to see it this way:

A # declared variable is just like a macro without any parameters (it really
is, also the docs don't and won't explain it that way).  So whenever POV-Ray
finds the string matching the #declared variable it will just replace it
with whatever the value of the #declared variable.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde