POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : i search 3D algorythms : Re: i search 3D algorythms Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: i search 3D algorythms
From: 3dsman
Date: 26 Oct 2001 16:43:43
Message: <3bd9caff@news.povray.org>
> > i search 3D algorythms to make a 3Dmodeler and a simply 3D scanner.
> > do anybody know where i can found it?
>
> There is a lot of algorythms about it. Please specify what are you
> looking for?
whow i dont speak english very well but i will:
i want to make a 3Dmodeler which make meshes so i search algorythms to
smooth meshes, make booleans operations, fill meshe's hole.
and for the scanner i must find algo to join two meshes correctly.

> You can find a little about it within documentation for POV 3.5
> Just follow right links on top bar:
> http://www.povray.org/working-docs/id000107.html#4_2

thank you

> What you mean: 3D scanner ?
i've used a projector to project ray on the object to scan and i take a
photograph of it.
i've programing a soft which create meshe from this picture (it's not yet
automatic) but this software cant join two meshes and haven't opengl
preview. I'm working on this last point but i can't find how i can do this!

You can see exemple on my scanner website: http://3dsman.free.fr/freescan3D/