POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Music sync test (DivX, ~1MBbu) : Re: Music sync test (DivX, ~1MBbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music sync test (DivX, ~1MBbu)
From: Rune
Date: 26 Oct 2001 15:00:39
Message: <3bd9b2d7@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   I was just testing if I could synchronize a pov
> animation with music and thought that I could just
> share my first test.

Looking closely at it it seems to me that it somehow looks more real in the
start than towards the end. (In the start it looks like the pulsation is
actually caused by the sound, while in the end it looks like it just happens
at the same time by chance.) This leads me to believe that the picture and
sound is not 100% synchronized.

For optimal results the sound should always be delayed by a few milliseconds
or something like that. (Tests has shown that; it's just the way it is.) I
guess that in your animation the sound is slightly delayed in the beginning,
but towards the end the image is slightly delayed, causing it to look less
real.

I don't know if anyone else can actually see what I'm describing; it might
just be my imagination...

Other than that I think you could add some more variation and interesting
effects on the visual side to entertain us better!

But besides these things I think it's a really interesting animation because
it's fun that it looks so real (in the beginning).

BTW, as you might know I've done a sound sync text myself once, though that
was to speech rather than music, so I couldn't rely on math. But it was fun!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)