POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Music sync test (mpeg, ~1MBbu, really poor quality) : Re: Music sync test (mpeg, ~1MBbu, really poor quality) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music sync test (mpeg, ~1MBbu, really poor quality)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 26 Oct 2001 13:21:11
Message: <3bd99b87@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <"gregj56590[:-0]"@aol.com> wrote in message
news:3BD9987D.803791C2@aol.com...
> Pretty neat. Was it mere trial and error or did you figure out a was to
"see the
> beats?"

Bear in mind that I haven't actually seen Warp's anims (I don't have time to
download them right now), but my own experiments with syncing to music were
succesful, and there was no guess work involved. I made some music at 120
beats per minute. That's two beats every second, or 12.5 frames between
beats (assuming a frame rate of 25 fps). Worked perfectly for me.

All the best,

Andy Cocker