POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Temporary directory? : Re: Temporary directory? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temporary directory?
Date: 26 Oct 2001 12:26:17
Message: <3bd98ea9$1@news.povray.org>

> Well, where is your scene file?  On C or D?

On D. Everything Pov needs is on D. But think I know what's going on. While
looking for files created during rendering I noticed new .CPY files in
C:\_RESTORE\TMP. The files whre copies of open documents etc. These _RESTORE
directories are used by VxdMonitor and I suspect this is some kind of a
attempt to prevent data loss, not if but when WinMe crashes. So no need to
accuse POV-Ray, which is btw brilliant.

Ari-Matti