POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Torus problems with distant camera : Re: Torus problems with distant camera Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:07:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus problems with distant camera
From: Slime
Date: 25 Oct 2001 09:51:18
Message: <3bd818d6$1@news.povray.org>
Yeah, sturm didn't help.

Is it just me, or is POV-Ray 3.5 a *lot* more sensitive to floating point
precision errors? I never had to pay attention in 3.1... I could use numbers
like .0000001 or so before things started messing up.

Incidentally, this problem doesn't occur with other simple primitives.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]