POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : splines and animation : Re: splines and animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:00:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines and animation
From: K  Lasse
Date: 24 Oct 2001 14:35:16
Message: <3bd709e4$1@news.povray.org>
K. Lasse <kla### [at] usacom> wrote in message
> around the center of one of the spheres. Then attaching the camera's
> position to the other sphere causes the camera to follow an arcing path.
> Turn off the export of the spheres and you're set. Adding positional

I've discovered that turning off the export for the spheres causes the
animation plugin to "lose" the camera's attachment to the sphere (thought it
works fine with individual stills). You gotta find another way to "hide" the
spheres - the proper material or whatever.

Along a similar line: I've been longing for a way to gradually slow down the
camera as it nears the end of its travel "path". Since there's no way to
edit the "bias" (what it used to be called I think...) of an object's
position relative to time yet, this is just a wish item. (You can do it in
Blender, BTW, cause all the elements of an object's animation can be edited
in what's called the IPO window. Xander, could something similar be done in
the Timeline Editor? - don't know if you've used Blender much so this
reference may be meaningless...)

-Kman