POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I may actually finish this one, part 2 (50kb bu) : Re: I may actually finish this one, part 2 (50kb bu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I may actually finish this one, part 2 (50kb bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 23 Oct 2001 15:17:21
Message: <3bd5c241@news.povray.org>
"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message
> This is really excellent work.

Thank you kindly.

> I agree with the suggestion that the hands should be stone, nicely chipped
> and cracked, glass with caustics or subscat would be nice but...

Working on the stone as we speak, although it's hard to get it to look right
in the shade (Left Hand) with the blue tinge and out in the open (Right
Hand), then again why don't I just make two textures, one for each.
Sometimes the easiest solution is too easy to see.

> The notion of water either falling from the sky or fountaining, dripping
or
> overflowing from the hands would give point to the picture, add to its
> poetry and bump the render time up nicely!

I may try to add some water but I'll see how it goes.

> ripples in sand are usually long and thin, like waves your texture is more
> like that of a crowd stamping about in a wild frenzy! try
> lengthening/scaling it in the z direction perhaps.

Ok, will do

Kev