POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Circle_Text macro problem : Re: Circle_Text macro problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Circle_Text macro problem
From: Rune
Date: 23 Oct 2001 11:39:43
Message: <3bd58f3f@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" wrote:
> thus including the kerning of the current letter in
> the positioning calculation, rather then just the
> kerning of the previous letters in the string.

Thanks!

> I don't have the maiandb.ttf font on my machine, but
> with other fonts, the two lines in your example file
> look identical with that change.

It sure is much better, but not exactly identical. Try the following code:

// Upper text has spacing by Cirle_Text macro.
// Lower text is a regular text object with correct spacing.
#include "shapes.inc"
camera {location -z orthographic}
background {color rgb 1}
#declare String = "AE-EO-A"
#declare Font = "cyrvetic.ttf"
object {
   Circle_Text(Font,String,0.45,0.5,0.01,50,0,3,+90)
   translate -49.8*y pigment {color rgb 0}
}
#declare Text = text {ttf Font,String, 0.01, 0}
object {
   Text
   translate -(min_extent(Text)+max_extent(Text))/2
   scale <1,-1,1> scale 0.45 pigment {color rgb 0}
}

But it's not a big problem.

You seem to understand the macro well, so could you possible do another
change to it?
I'd like to have a spacing option added that works like the x component of
the offset vector in regular fonts in POV-Ray.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)