POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Circle_Text macro problem : Re: Circle_Text macro problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Circle_Text macro problem
From: Rune
Date: 22 Oct 2001 17:52:20
Message: <3bd49514@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" wrote:
> Aw, c'mon, the challenge is getting Circle_Text
> back into a human-readable form, isn't it?

Yeah, but I didn't want to put it that way. ;)

Wait a minute - you wrote it!

> It's certainly possible to take kerning into account
> when calculating the letter spacings; I've written
> macros to do that.

So now you have a moral obligation to fix the problem.

> The problem is that once you start letting the space
> for a letter overlap the space for another letter,
> you can end up with actual glyphs overlapping after
> you bend them around the circle.

I would like to introduce a new input variable where the user can add space
between the letters. Actually I'm surprised it isn't already there, as it's
a rather basic thing that can also be used just as a part of the text
design.

If you could fix these things it'd be a great improvement of the macro!
Please? :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)