POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #while in normal statements in layered textures : Re: #while in normal statements in layered textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #while in normal statements in layered textures
From: Bob H
Date: 22 Oct 2001 10:40:25
Message: <3bd42fd9$1@news.povray.org>

news:krk7tt0gjne97pudg0t6hfneif9hps0tf3@4ax.com...

> I can extend description of this bug.
> it is not connected with parsing of normal_map but rather with parsing
> of leyered texture. Why ? Becouse take second line
>
> >                #declare i=1;
>
> and move it line by line to top. It always shows parse error within
> statememnt opened before this #declare

I know, maybe this has been so since v3.1 and before.  Reason I think that
is because I had encountered the inability to use #declare, #while, #if,
etc. within a texture at certain times (layers).  You'll get a warning about
the parse seeing a "#" in a layered texture.

I brought it up before here at the newsgroups but I can't find the message
posts about it now.

Bob H.