POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ron's blurred reflection trick works quite well : Re: Ron's blurred reflection trick works quite well Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ron's blurred reflection trick works quite well
From: Hugo
Date: 22 Oct 2001 09:27:52
Message: <3bd41ed8@news.povray.org>
Attached picture was rendered with MegaPOV for comparison. I tried 50 blur
samples first to compare the 50 samples in Warp's code but that didn't look
good. Then I chose 255. Less might have been enough. Anyway, we can see a
difference in the type of blur.

MegaPOV blur = reflection 1 reflection_blur .075 reflection_samples 255

Render times 1 ghz Amd, AntiAlias 0.3.. Note also that Pov3.5 is faster.

MegaPOV blurred reflection = 7.35 minutes
MegaPOV Ron's Blur         = 4.21 minutes
POV3.5  Ron's Blur         = 3.29 minutes

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BlurReflec_Megapov.JPG' (50 KB)

Preview of image 'BlurReflec_Megapov.JPG'
BlurReflec_Megapov.JPG