POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs Sep 28 : Re: Known Bugs Sep 28 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs Sep 28
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Oct 2001 08:44:14
Message: <3bd4149e@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

>> Just _follow_ the link, at is all you need to do to find it.
>
> perhaps there is some limitation in my English but I not asked how use
> links but how generate link with message ID having opened message via
> www interface

No, this is a mistake on my part.  I misunderstood the question.

The short answer is: You can't.

The long answer is: You can build it on your own, but you need a newsreader
that can show you the message header.  Then just take the message ID header
field and combine it with the link to the main newsgroup web interface page.
While the resulting link is not compatible with old browsers (because the
URL isn't encoded properly), it will work with all more recent browsers.
Alternatively you can use Netscape to get a link in the same format with a
properly encoded URL.  You just change the news:// Netscape puts in front to
a http:// and you are all set.  The web interface does not care if the URL
is encoded properly or not.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany