POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shadow Play : Re: Answer to Shadow Play Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Answer to Shadow Play
From: Batronyx
Date: 21 Oct 2001 17:29:27
Message: <3bd33e37@news.povray.org>
Actually Yadgar mostly got it earlier.

There is a no_shadow on the sphere, and the backwards
shadow is indeed a texture layered on the plane. It is an object pattern
texture(from the sphere in fact), blurred according to Ron Parker's post
earlier, "The final word on blurred reflections" which works just as well on
pigments.

I thought this might be a good way for someone to fake soft shadows in Rune's
fast grass macro. It would take more work than I've put in here, but it offers
possibilities.

^"^