POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #error bug : Re: #error Directive Feature Request Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #error Directive Feature Request
From: Tony[B]
Date: 21 Oct 2001 16:12:53
Message: <3bd32c45@news.povray.org>
> Let me see if I have this right....
>
> The POV-Team spent a couple of years and went through countless
> development versions to come up with a releasable version of
> POV-Ray v3.5.
>
> The TAG did alpha testing on no less than 10 alpha versions of
> POV-Ray v3.5.
>
> The pre-beta testers had no less than 15 versions to test and
> and ask modifications for.
>
> We are now in *public* beta testing at version #6 of what is
> supposed to be a *feature locked* version of the program.
>
> And you are still making feature requests?

That's what it looks like to me... I mean, a program can only reach a
certain level of perfection before it is "final", and people can move on to
work on the next version... I feel we should have had a final by now... How
many months/years of this do we really need? At this rate, we'll never see
4.0... Of course, I might just be overreacting... Ghaa... I've got to go
study... midterms this week...