POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Explosive Gel (~614 kbu) : Re: Explosive Gel (~614 kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Explosive Gel (~614 kbu)
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Date: 21 Oct 2001 13:04:36
Message: <3bd30024@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:59:36 +0100, "Andy Cocker"
> <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote:
>
> >    I was just wondering when we will get to see the results of your work
> >being available for POV-Ray. I'm eager to get animating.... ;-)
>
> I still have a lot of things to fix.
>
> First of all, I am using regular hexahedron finite elements (cubes :))
> and this makes meshing, well, a bit tricky. I want to use irregular
> tetrahedrons but I have trouble developing a meshing algorithm.

Hmmm... I have some ideas for rendering this... My simulation uses a grid of
points that I'm giong to convert into irregular tatrahedrons.  I've got some
mesh ideas and some solid modeling ideas (which I would prefer - since it can be
used for CSG)  When I get them worked out I'll post an anim and the code for the
render part.

Michael