POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I may actually finish this one (50kb bu) : Re: I may actually finish this one (50kb bu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I may actually finish this one (50kb bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 21 Oct 2001 12:08:04
Message: <3bd2f2e4@news.povray.org>
news:3BD2F108.D9F3C733@gmx.de...

> Nice, although unspectacular somehow ;-)

Thanks. Hopefully the unspectacular part should change in time :-)

> What's the small scale normal on the terrain?

Just a smaller scaled copy of the same rmf

function {
  f_ridged_mf(x,y,z,0.6,1.2,2,0.95,10,0)
}

> I think slightly higher contrast which would make the dunes' geometry more
> visible would be good.  Right now it's hardly visible where the light
> comes from.

You should be able to tell a bit better when I add the rest of the stuff, I
think I'll stay with the washed out look as I think it suits this image but
I know what you mean, hopefully the other objects will provide the contrast.

Kev