POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Continue with Radiosity : Re: Continue with Radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continue with Radiosity
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Oct 2001 00:13:31
Message: <3bd24b6b@news.povray.org>
"Patrick Dugan" <pat### [at] netinsnet> wrote in message
> If I'm not crazy (because it doesn't work for me) then could the issue be
> due to the radiosity block size?  In other words lets say the initial
block
> size of the rendering using radiosity is ~100 lines (100x100) or so.
(First
> pass)  Since my image is large (10240x7680) If during my render the actual
> LINES rendered (after the "blocks" are done and its now line-by-line) are
> lower than the initial block size, then Povray feels it has to start over
or
> at least start at an even initial block size amount and not the actual
line
> it was on?
>
> So in this case it starts at zero because it hadn't actually rendered at
> least 100 lines
>
> Just trying to understand how to make the continue actually work on this
> large image.

I hadn't tried the same resolution, would take awhile for that.  I didn't
see a restart back to the beginning with a smaller render, whether larger
percentages (blocks) were used or not.  Have you checked this out against a
small resolution?
What I did see is the infamous coloration shift from a continued partial
render.  Beta 6 BTW, and you stated this was about beta 5.
Haven't seen what system that was on, if it makes a difference such as
memory amount or something.

Bob H.